Tuesday 25 March 2014

Pea and Courgette Soup

I have been trying to clean my freezer out a bit and use up the produce from my garden that I froze last autumn. I had a few pieces of sliced courgette left and there are always frozen peas in the freezer and so this was born. It is so easy and really very flavourful. I shall have to remember it when my glut of courgettes appears again in the summer!





















Pea and Courgette Soup
(Serves 2)

1/2 onion, chopped
100g frozen peas
2 small courgettes, chopped
700ml veg stock
1 tsp oil
bunch mint, chopped
 
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium low heat and add the shallot, cook until it is soft and translucent. Add in the courgette and cook for about a min.

Add the stock and bring to the boil. Add the peas, cook for 2-3 mins, then add the mint. Cook for one more min, then take off the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment