Friday 23 November 2012

Sesame and Ginger Coleslaw

I love the fresh taste of coleslaw and I love playing around with the traditional recipes and looking for new twists on this dish. I made an Asian style coleslaw back in June for my birthday barbecue, without mayonnaise. This time I made an Asian style coleslaw with the mayo. I like the combination of both sour cream and mayo rather than all mayo as I feel that it lightens the dish up. This was fantastic in a smoked sausage and coleslaw sandwich.
















Sesame and Ginger Coleslaw (adapted from Closet Cooking)
(makes 8 sandwich filling servings)
(1WW ProPoint per serving)

1/2 small cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
bunch spring onion
3 1/2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
3 1/2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream or creme fraiche
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp ginger, grated
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful coriander, chopped

Mix the mayo, sour cream, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt, pepper and coriander in a bowl.

Add the cabbage, carrot and spring onion to the bowl and mix well to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment