Monday 26 November 2012

Meal Planning Monday

















After a hectic last week, I had a lovely weekend pottering and sorting.

I had new curtains put in my living room and a new blind in the kitchen on Saturday which seemed to take up most of my day as the guy had to physically build the track for the curtains whilst at my house. I also went down to Oxford Street on Saturday and did a bit of shopping, the whole street and Regent Street were closed off to traffic and even at 5pm it was heaving!

On Sunday I went to the Bloomsbury Ephemera Fair at the Royal National Hotel and scouted out a bit of WW2 ephemera as well as a couple of 50s and 60s cookbooks. I then spent the rest of the afternoon putting the flat back together a bit and moving things in preparation for the damp being sorted next week. It's still chaos but I'm going to have to learn to live with it as I can't put anything back for 8 weeks whilst the plaster dries!

This week should be steadier than last week and sees a french class, 2 zumba classes and a party in the evenings and then I am off to Northumberland for the weekend to buy lots of lovely Northumberland cheeses! On the way back we are stopping at the Bowes Museum and to see the Feast Your Eyes exhibition, which is all about food in art and going to the Wives and Witches: Taking Tea with the Georgians and Victorians talk by Dr Annie Gray, which I'm really looking forward to, especially as we get to sample period tea time treats! Annie did the Game Cookery afternoon that I went to a few weeks ago, which was superb, so this promises to be an interesting afternoon.

So without further ado here is this weeks meal plan:

Monday
Salmon and Avocado Rice Salad
Chicken, Spinach and Blue Cheese Pasta

Tuesday
New Potato, Pea and Ham Salad
Salmon and Prawn Bake with Pasta and Pesto (WW Fresh and Easy Everyday)

Wednesday
Soy Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad
Nigella's Mexican Lasagne

Thursday
Cajun Turkey Wrap with Sweetcorn Salsa
Sticky Glazed Gammon with Bulgar Wheat

Friday
Out at a training course
Sausages and Mash with Leeks

Saturday
Salami Pasta Salad
Away for rest of the weekend

Check out At Home with Mrs M for some more helpful Meal Plan ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm some scrummy sounding stuff on here - lots of pasta which I'm a huge fan of! Enjoy your week.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the cajun turkey wrap. Sounds like a delicious (and busy!) week ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Seren and Jess :) I hope I can remember to take a picture of the wrap to post, I often forget with sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete