Sunday 1 May 2016

Chicken Stock

When I have a roast chicken I like to use every part of the chicken, so I always make stock with the bones. It also tastes better! This recipe comes from my Mum, it's the one she has been making for years and so I have no idea where it originally came from. This time round I used the stock in soup and I froze the leftovers.

















Chicken Stock

1 chicken carcass from a roast chicken
2 carrots, cut into large chunks
1 potato, quartered
1 onion, quartered
2 bay leaves

Put all the ingredients into large pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for an hour, skimming the scum and fat off the top occasionally.

After an hour, drain through a sieve into a bowl, keeping the liquid, leave to cool. Put into the fridge overnight and all the fat will float to the top. Skim off the fat with a slotted spoon and your stock is ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment