Monday 11 August 2014

Gooseberry and Almond Pudding

This was a really yummy pudding. I got some gooseberries from a pick your own farm near my parents. I have a gooseberry bush but as I only bought it this year it won't fruit until next year, so in the meantime I had to get my gooseberry hit! The combination with the almonds was delicious. I doubled the pudding mixture as it didn't look enough but there wasn't enough fruit, so next time I'd double the fruit too.



Gooseberry and Almond Pudding (from Great British Puddings)
(Serves 4)

250g gooseberries, topped and tailed
110g caster sugar
60g unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
30g self-raising flour
30g ground almonds

Preheat the oven to 170C. Put the gooseberries into an oven-proof baking dish and sprinkle with 50g of the sugar.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and remaining 60g sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Soft in the flour and fold this into the mixture, along with the almonds. Cover the gooseberries with this mixture.

Bake the pudding in the oven for 40-50 mins until the sponge is golden brown and has risen. Serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment