Monday 12 August 2013

Peach and Ginger No Churn Ice Cream

It has definitely been the weather for ice cream and I had a hankering for making homemade ice cream but I don't have the space for an ice cream maker nor do I want to be stirring something every hour for hours so I was really happy when I found lots of recipes for no churn ice cream. This peach and ginger ice cream is so good, my only advice is to make sure that your peaches are really ripe as otherwise when they freeze they become ridiculously hard, so hard that I had trouble getting chunks out of the ice cream as the spoon wouldn't go though!
















Peach and Ginger No Churn Ice Cream (from Waitrose Magazine July 2013)
(Makes 2 litres)

6 ripe yellow-fleshed peaches
600ml pot double cream
397g condensed milk
12 pieces crystallised ginger, roughly chopped

Place the peaches in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes then peel off the skins and remove the stones. Roughly chop and set aside.

Whisk the cream with the condensed milk until it has thickened slightly and falls in ribbons from the whisk.

Add the peach chunks and chopped ginger to the whisked cream, stirring gently with a spatula. Pour into a 2-litre plastic container and place in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight until frozen. Take out of the freezer approx 15-20 mins before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment