Saturday 31 August 2013

Courgette Blossom Linguine

I never really know what to do with the courgette blossoms. I'm terrified of the deep fat fryer still so that's out and I usually just leave them on the plant until they die off. But I thought this year I'd at least find something to do with them so I used them in a pasta sauce. I think I actually used cream cheese instead of creme fraiche but I think creme fraiche would be better as the cream cheese just made everything stick together!

















Courgette Blossom Linguine
(Serves 1)

60g linguine
oil
1/2 courgette, grated
3 courgette blossoms, stamen removed and ripped into slices
1-2 tbsp creme fraiche
salt and pepper

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the linguine according to packet instructions.

Hear a frying pan with some oil and fry the cougette gently until lightly golden and add in the courgette flowers and fry for a couple of minutes.

Drain the pasta and add to the courgette pan. Add in the creme friache and season. Mix until everything is combined. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment