Thursday 18 July 2013

Pigs in Ponchos

These were so good and so fun to make and eat. I bought a tin of refried beans which I used for these but I'm finding them a bit spicy so I'm going to try and make some which don't blow my head off! I love all these different combinations of Mexican ingredients used in all sorts of ways, very versatile.
















Pigs in Ponchos
(Serves 1)

1 frankfurter
1/2 tin refried beans
2 corn tortillas
1 tbsp salsa verde
mustard
2 tbsp cheddar or Montery jack, grated
cooking spray

Parboil the hot dogs for a few minutes to heat through. In a medium saucepan, heat the beans over medium heat, adding a little water to thin slightly. Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 15 secs to soften.

Make the ponchos: Top one tortillas with a thin layer of salsa verde, a swirl of mustard and lots of cheese, then cover each with another tortilla. Spread the top tortilla with some beans and set a dog at one end. Wrap and roll up the tortilla stack around the hot dog.

Spray the ponchos with cooking spray and grill for a few minutes to brown and crisp the tortillas.

1 comment: