Saturday 8 June 2013

Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salsa

This recipe is really nothing new, there are hundreds of recipes for this kind of thing out there but it is so easy and tasty I thought I'd post my version. This was the other salad I made to take to Wimpole Hall, again using up ingredients from my fridge and made at 7am before I left so that the avocado wouldn't go brown! We ate it as a side salad with the quiche but it would also be lovely as a salsa with some tortilla chips and really that's what it is. You could also add in some chilli if you wanted too but I didn't think that would go with the rest of what we were eating!
















Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salsa
(Serves 2 as a side dish)

1/2 large tomato, diced
1/2 large avocado, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
50g sweetcorn
juice 1/2 lime
1 tbsp coriander, chopped

Combine the tomato, avocado, onion and corn in a bowl. Squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle over the coriander, mix well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment