Wednesday 12 June 2013

Birthday Highjinks - Sauces

To accompany the pork I made two sauces. The first was a smokey barbecue sauce, which I have posted about before. It went beautifully with the pulled pork and I really need to work out if I could can it and keep it in jars as it is so good. Neither myself or my Mum is sure where the recipe comes from but we think it might be the Cordon Bleu cookery course. It wasn't all that thick, from memory it isn't supposed to be, so I added a tsp of cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water to thicken it up so it could be used in sandwiches.
















For those who wanted something a little more traditional in an English way I made apple sauce too. This went down well on the night and was also delicious the day after with the cold pork. I'm also going to try it in my porridge tomorrow morning with a little added sugar.
















Bramley Apple Sauce (adapted from Good Food Magazine January 2009)
(Serves 6-8)

3 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
50g caster sugar
splash of water

Put the apples and sugar in a pan and add a splash of water.

Place the pan on a low heat, stirring occasionally until the apples break down into a smooth purée. Tip into a serving dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment