Monday 17 June 2013

Meal Planning Monday

It's Monday again and only 3 weeks till the end of term and only 4 weeks left for me! Last week's plan went pretty well, I stuck to it and had some yummy food. I am however now so behind in posting things that there will be about a two week wait to see anything!

I also had pudding every night last week and the scales say that I didn't gain any weight either! The zumba definitely works!! So the first three nights were left over cobbler, and then I made a mini apple pie:
 

Which was basically left over scone dough, the rest of the apple sauce and half a bramley apple, peeled and sliced with 1/2 tsp of demerara sugar sprinkled on top and baked for 30 mins, really tasty. The next night I made an apple galette type pudding:
















This was the last bit of scone dough rolled out flat with jam spread on top of it, the other half of the apple, peeled and sliced and demerara sugar sprinkled on top, baked for 20 mins. This was also really good although the jam caught around the edges. I served both with ice cream. The last of the leftover pork was used to make green chilli pork enchiladas:
















This was pork and cheese rolled inside corn tortillas put in a dish with a packet of green chilli enchilada sauce poured over the top, topped with cheese and baked. This was really good, spicy but not too spicy and there were leftovers of this too which I froze!

I also got given a cake by one of the Year 8s last week. We'd been talking about them and she brought one in for me!
















It's a fairy cake with the middle cut out which was then filled with melted marshmallow and then topped with butter cream and mini marshmallows! It was really lovely.

This week all the leftovers are gone :(. I am trying to do two things this week, clear out the freezer and use some of the recipes I have lying around. My living room seems to be covered in recipes I've printed out and I really need to use some of them and throw them away! I also need to create more space in the freezer and use things that have been hanging around for a while. I am off to the theatre tomorrow night to see Travels with my Aunt at the Menier Chocolate Factory and out for dinner after Zumba tonight but the rest of the week is quiet although no doubt I will still find myself running about all over the place!














Monday
Rice and Avocado Salad with a Wasabi Dressing (Waitrose Recipe Card)
Out at Itsu

Tuesday
Green Chilli Chicken Enchiladas
Honey Mustard Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad

Wednesday
Spaghetti Squash Bake with Salad
Buffalo Burger

Thursday
Chorizo, Garlic Aioli and Roasted Red Pepper Pitta with Crisps
Halloumi, Asparagus and Tomato Bake (Waitrose Recipe Card)

Friday
Sardine Salad
Chorizo Hash

Saturday
Out at Subway

Sunday
Monkfish wrapped in Parma Ham with Mash and Sea Kale

As always I'm linking up with Mrs M, check out her blog for more meal planning ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm That fairy cake sounds fantastic! I'm putting weight on just looking at it....hehehe
    The meal plan sounds great!!
    Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is soooo cute!

    I know what you mean about recipes all over the place...I think mine might be breeding - and I can STILL never think of anything to cook :-)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely week. your puddings look delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks just like a Hummingbird Bakery marshmallow cupcake! We tried making them once but found the melted marshmallow middle a bit too fiddly. I just make a normal cake with marshmallow frosting now. Yummy! Checking out some of those recipes - they look lovely x

    ReplyDelete