Friday 21 June 2013

Mango Crumble

As I had way too much topping from the Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble I made, I used the rest of the topping mixture to make several other crumbles. This is a mini mango crumble. I made three mini mango crumbles and three mini rhubarb crumbles to take back home with me, which I then froze. The mango ones were delicious, I am now a total crumble convert and this is such a simple recipe to make! I hadn't made crumble topping by hand for ages and its actually much quicker and less arduous than I remembered. I'm still resisting buying that food processor!

This crumble would also be good using tinned mango or peaches instead.
















Mango Crumble (adapted from Market Kitchen)
(Serves 4)

2 large sweet ripe mango, peeled and sliced
50g brown sugar
2 pinches nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 pinches ground cloves, or four whole cloves 

175g plain flour
50g rolled oats
100g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
50g caster sugar


Preheat the oven to 180C.

Place the mango slices in a saucepan with the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves and cook gently for 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.

To make the crumble topping; Place the flour, butter and caster sugar into a food processor and whizz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. You can of course do this by hand. Mix in the oats.

Spoon the mango mixture into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve with ice cream or creme fraiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment