Sunday 2 June 2013

Mushroom, Asparagus and Cambozola Pasta Salad

This pasta salad was a partial mop up of some of the things I had leftover before going away during half term. It started off as a mushroom pasta salad and then the asparagus and cambozola got added in but it works really well as a salad dish. I know I typically always say things are fast and easy to make but that's what I major on especially when making lunches. I don't want to be spending ages making something that's going to be eaten cold the next day, there are too many things to do in the evening as it is. So, I usually make my lunches as dinner is cooking which is why they take no time at all.
















Mushroom, Asparagus and Cambozola Pasta Salad
(Serves 1)

60g dried pasta shapes
1 tbsp oil
1 portobello mushroom, halved and sliced
4 asparagus spears, cut into inch lengths
25g cambozola, cut into small chunks
1 tsp pesto

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions adding the asparagus for the last 3-4 mins. Drain and run under cold water. Leave to drain thoroughly.

Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and add a tbsp oil. Fry the mushroom pieces until they are golden, set aside to cool.

Combine the pasta, asparagus, mushrooms and cheese in a bowl and mix in the pesto. Pack into a lunchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment