Sunday 29 September 2013

Cherry Tomato Sauce

I save tomato and courgette recipes throughout the year so that when I have a glut of them both I am prepared with recipes to make with them! I saved this recipe a long time ago and it was perfect when I panicked because I had so many cherry tomatoes. I made double quantity and have it sat in my freezer for when I suddenly have a hankering for pasta with tomato sauce. I also served it over a portion of the gnocchi from the Daring Cooks challenge last month.






















Cherry Tomato Sauce (from Amuse Your Bouche)
(Serves 2)

4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp oil
350g cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp low fat soft cheese
2 tbsp tomato puree
salt and pepper

Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic and cook for 30 secs. Add the tomatoes and a splash of water and cook for 5 mins squishing the tomatoes with a wooden spoon to release the juices.

Add the soft cheese and tomato puree and another splash of water. Stir until the soft cheese has melted and the sauce loos glossy. Season to taste and serve with pasta.

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious, simple idea! Thanks for sharing.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete