Sunday 17 February 2013

Thai Beef Noodle Salad

I love Good Food Magazine, when I have no energy or time it comes along and provides me with easy things to cook! This beef noodle salad was perfect, especially when I had some beef stir fry meat that I needed to use up. I left out most of the chilli and only used a little bit as I'm not overly fond of it and thought the sweet chilli sauce would provide enough heat for me!
















Thai Beef Noodle Salad (adapted from Olive Magazine September 2006)
(Serves 2)

125g medium rice noodles
2 tsp five spice powder
1 sirloin steak, about 300g, trimmed of fat and sliced
1 small cucumber, cut into ribbons with a potato peeler
1 red chilli, shredded
small handful of coriander leaves

For the dressing
3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp fish sauce

Put the noodles in a large bowl and pour boiling water over. Leave until tender then drain and rinse well with cold water.

Season and sprinkle the beef with the five spice. Heat a frying pan until very hot and fry the steak for a couple of minutes until brown but not quite cooked through, set aside to rest and cool.

Stir together the dressing ingredients.

Toss the noodles, cucumber and chilli with the steak and dressing. Scatter coriander over and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment