This was a really interesting salad with the vegetable crisps but it worked really well. I loved the crunchiness of the crisps with the softness of the mackerel and the lemon in the dressing really shone through.
Peppered Mackerel Salad with Vegetable Crisps (from Delicious Magazine)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g green beans
- handful salad leaves
- 2-3 peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful vegetable crisps, crushed
- Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice, season and set aside.
- Cook the green beans in boiling salted water for 2-3 mins, until just tender, then run under the cold tap, drain and cut in half. Tip the salad leaves into a large bowl and add the beans.
- Peel the skin from the mackerel fillets and tear the flesh into bite-size pieces. Add to the salad with the tomatoes.
- Add the dressing and toss well. Divide between 2 large plates and scatter with the vegetable crisps to serve. If you are packing into a lunchbox, pack the vegetable crisps and dressing separately.