This was a lovely lemony pasta salad and it used courgettes from the garden!
Courgette and Lemon Tortellini Salad
- 25g pine nuts
- 150g tortellini
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 courgette, cubed
- 1 garlic, clove, finely chopped
- juice ½ lemon
- salad leaves
- handful basil leaves
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, cook pine nuts in a hot, dry non-stick frying pan until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Tip tortellini into the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the frying pan, add courgette and cook for 5 mins, add the garlic and cook for a min more. Then stir in the lemon juice and cook for 30 secs. Remove from the heat. Add the cooked tortellini and toss well. Season to taste.
- Put the salad leaves into two bowls, top with the courgettes and tortellini, scatter with the toasted pine nuts and basil leaves to serve.