Monday 9 June 2014

Meal Planning Monday

Wow, so I had a really fantastic weekend. On Saturday I went on a Foodie Tour of East London, which encompassed 5 stops around the Shoredish/Aldgate area. It was really good fun and the food was delicious. I didn't take many pictures other than this one
















of an Argentinian sausage, which is in a little pop up food area near Shoreditch High Street. I can't annoyingly remember the name of the place but the sausage was delicious. We also had Fougrasse from Albion, amazing brownie, a Italian stuffed flatbread and we got some Indian Sweets to take home.

Sunday was my birthday and we had afternoon tea in my flat. I again, annoyingly, didn't take any pictures. I did go round with my camera at the end and snap a few things
















This is just a little selection of what we made and includes; meringues with cream, mars bar cake, a little bit of my birthday cake, made by my sister, and cupcakes made by my niece. We also had a couple of bigger cakes; a peach crumble cake and a lemon cake, which a friend brought and of course sandwiches! I had a really lovely afternoon and got to talk to everyone. The weather was also beautiful and sunny. I'll post the birthday cake and peach crumble cake recipes over the next few days.

This week is busy busy. On Tuesday I am going to a talk at the V&A, Wednesday I'm going to the theatre, pilates on Thursday and then on Sunday I'm going on a Theatreland walking tour. All very exciting! My meal planning was done in a bit of a hurry, so it's pretty much all Internet based and subject to change!














Monday
Smoked Salmon, Watercress and New Potato Salad
Quinoa and Prawn Curry

Tuesday
Aubergine Kibbeh Salad (A Salad for All Seasons)
Out after a talk

Wednesday
Potato and Sausage Casserole with Salad
Creamy Crab and Asparagus Pasta Salad

Thursday
Pan Bagnat Wrap with Crisps
Palatschinken with Salad

Friday
Mushroom Barley Salad
Avocado and Goat's Cheese Pizza

Saturday
Mexican Mackerel Nachos
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Sunday
Sausage Fritatta Sandwich
Barley Casserole with Sundried Tomatoes and Artichokes

No comments:

Post a Comment