Tuesday 24 June 2014

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

I don't often use my slow cooker, but every now and again I find a recipe that I really want to make and so I dig it out of the back of the cupboard. This was one of those recipes. It was fairly tasty, I think if I was going to make it again, I'd add some curry powder but it was a lovely filling soup.
















Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (adapted from From Scratch to Plate)
(Serves 6)

1l chicken stock
500ml water
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 cup onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 400g cans coconut milk
200g wild and basmati rice
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 carrots, diced
1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
2 tbsp cornflour
4 tbsp cold water
salt

In the slow cooker, mix together everything except the cornflour and cold water, and whisk together well. Cook on low for 4 hours.

Combine cornstarch and cold water, add to the soup. Keep the lid off and cook and additional 10-15 mins on high, stirring occasionally. Add salt if needed. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment