Tuesday 19 November 2013

Red Cabbage

My Mum has made this red cabbage recipe for as long as I can remember, we used to have it with roasts and especially at Christmas as it goes really well with goose. It also went really well with the Sausage and Apple Cobbler I posted yesterday. I'm really happy that I keep posting recipes from my childhood as these are things I want to remember how to make and be able to recreate as well as making all the new and different stuff that I do.

















Red Cabbage
(Serves 4 with leftovers)

1 small red cabbage, sliced
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 tbsp white wine vinegar

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the cabbage for 10-12 mins until tender. Drain but reserve the cooking water.

Put the cabbage back into the pan and add the flour, stir then add the sugar and white wine vinegar and mix to combine. Pour over half the reserved cooking water and then put the cabbage back on the heat and stir until slightly thickened. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment