Friday 1 November 2013

Plum Compote

I've been making a whole load of compote. One of my colleagues had a late fruiting plum tree and he gave me a couple of bags full so I made compote. I started off eating this with my ready brek and then I discovered it was really good mixed with vanilla yoghurt. I heat it up in the microwave, mix in the yoghurt and it's a lovely warm breakfast.





















Plum Compote (from Abel and Cole)

4-6 ripe plums, stoned and roughly copped
squeeze orange, lemon or lime
1/2 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch ground cloves
3-4 tbsp demerara sugar

Put the plums into a saucepan squeeze over some citrus. Add the spices and sugar. Let it bubble up. Mash it with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Grate in a little zest. Cook until nicely thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment