Monday 4 January 2010

Menu Plan Monday and Swedish Meatballs



I didn't have a menu plan last week, as I didn't come home until Monday evening and I was so disorganised that I never quite got to the planning stage. One of the highlights of last week however was these Swedish Meatballs from Dining Alone. Like me the writer of this blog cooks mainly just for herself, so I get some really good ideas for one person meals. These meatballs were delicious, although I cheated and used pre-made meatballs from the freezer.



Money is tight this month after the Christmas splurge and I got paid early before Christmas so its a long way to the next pay day. I managed not to go shopping until the weekend and then only bought essential things, so this weeks Menu Plan Monday is using mostly freezer and store cupboard items. Its a good job that my freezer and cupboards are well stocked! I am also trying to loose some weight over the next few months as the pills the Doctor has put me on for my headaches have made me gain weight like crazy!

Mostly this is about portion control for me, I eat the right things just too much of them, and I still remember the childhood rule of eating everything on your plate. So I'm trying to cook less for each meal and hoping that it works!

Sunday
Lunch: Dumpling Noodle Soup
Dinner: Out at my sisters

Monday
Lunch: Sour Cream Potato Salad, Mini Quiche, Cocktail Sausages, Tomatoes, Mustard and Ketchup
Dinner: Breaded Plaice and Veg

Tuesday
Lunch: Coriander Chickpea and Potato with Boiled Egg, Salad
Dinner: Pakora in Pitta Bread with Yoghurt Dip

Wednesday
Lunch: Out for lunch with a friend
Dinner: Mushroom Risotto

Thursday
Lunch: Courgette and Cheddar Pasty, Salad
Dinner: Spinach and Ricotta Tortelloni with Sundried Tomatoes and Goats Cheese Sauce

Friday
Lunch: Hot Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
Dinner: Caribbean Chicken with Spring Onion Sauce (Good Food) with Rice and Peas

Saturday
Lunch: Roast Chicken Chinese Style with Sweet Potato (Leiths)
Dinner: Pitta Bread and Hummus

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just love the variety of your choices and all of the great flavors that are going on. I'll come share your table anytime. Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete