Thursday 21 January 2010

Houmous Crushed Potatoes

I love hummus, I love it in sandwiches, spread on crumpets for breakfast, as a dip with some crudites or pitta bread, and as part of a meze selection. So when I came across this recipe for hummus crushed potatoes in Good Food Magazine, I knew I had to try it.



It worked really well, the saltiness of the olives really complimented the flavours, and went well with the potatoes. I served it with old bay season pork steak which I baked in the oven, with some roasted cherry tomatoes on top and mange tout and green beans.

Hummus Crushed Potatoes
(from Good Food Magazine May 2008)

500g new potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp houmous
10 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 mins or until tender.When the potatoes are ready, drain well, then return to the pan and gently crush with a fork or potato masher. Stir through the houmous, olives and parsley, then season well.

No comments:

Post a Comment