Tuesday 23 December 2008

Noodle and Dumpling Soup

Today is my last day at work before the holidays and I am so looking forward to the break. I have cleared out my fridge here in London, and not wasted anything! I have my last present to buy this afternoon and I need to buy all the ingredients for the canapes I want to make for Christmas, so I suspect this afternoon is going to be busy.

I thought I'd share with you one of my other favourite dishes, Noodle Soup. I'd never before thought of adding dumplings to the mix until I came across this recipe from Dishing Up Delights, that, and trying it on my escapade to Yo! Sushi. I love experimenting with Japanese food and it is fast becoming one of my favourites. Here is my version of the Dumpling Noodle Soup.


I basically followed the recipe in the link in terms of timings, but I used Dashi instead of Vegetable broth, as broth is impossible to buy ready made in the UK, and I added sugar snap peas and spinach to the soup to bump up the veggie content. Needless to say it was delicious and very warming after a cold evening at the Winter Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment