Sunday 24 January 2010

Tamarind Prawns

I love trying out new ingredients, and in my box of goodies from my Mum for Christmas I got a block of Tamarind. Apart from for the sauce in December Daring Cooks, I've never cooked with it. I loved the sauce with the pork satay, so I thought I'd try another tamarind dish. This one was just on the front of the box of Tamarind I got for Christmas and it was actually really tasty. There was no measurements on the box, so I just made it up as I went along, and I can't remember how much I used of each.



Tamarind Prawns

This isn't a specific recipe, it just came off the front of a box of tamarind, but it was so tasty, I thought I'd add it.

Mix together some tamarind paste, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce.
Heat some oil in a wok or frying pan, add prawns and garlic and stir fry gently.
Add the tamarind mixture and a few shredded spring onions, then heat through and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment