Wednesday 1 July 2009

Lemon Chicken with Egg Fried Rice

I love Lemon Chicken. Its the dish I always order from the take away and I eat it a lot when I go out to Chinese restaurants as well. I just love the lemony flavour with the breaded chicken. But I am terrified of deep fat frying. I have even bought myself an electric deep fat fryer and I'm still too scared to use it yet! So I have never made this dish at home. Then an idea struck me, why not just use chicken nuggets instead, they only need baking, so that's what i did!



This isn't an advert for Birds Eye, it just happens that chicken dippers was what I had in my freezer. This is really a cheats meal, but I made the egg fried rice from scratch, and it so easy and delicious to make. I need to try making my own lemon sauce next, but I didn't have my time when I made this one. The Lemon Sauce I used was made by Lee Kum Kee from one of the supermarkets in China Town.

Lemon Chicken with Egg Fried Rice
(Serves 1)

5 chicken dippers
1 sachet lemon sauce
1/2 cup rice, already cooked
1 egg, beaten with a fork
handful frozen peas, cooked
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce

Cook the chicken dippers according to packet instructions

When the chicken dippers are almost cooked, heat some oil in a large frying pan, pour in the egg and scramble slightly, when it is half cooked add the rice, peas and stir to create the egg fried rice. Add the soy sauce and spring onions and stir to combine. Take off the heat and pour into a bowl.

Heat the sachet of lemon sauce in a pan and when the chicken dippers are cooked add them to the sauce and mix until chicken is coated.

Pour the chicken and lemon onto the rice. Serve.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to express how long it would maintain, I might go by what is recommended around the new tofu you employ for preserving once opened. When it fresh I would want touse this up.

    white rice recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. billig fendi taschen, das eleganten Stil und modernste Technologie kombiniert, eine Vielzahl von Stilen von billig fendi damen, der Zeiger bewegt sich zwischen Ihrem exklusiven Geschmacksstil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too.
    organic long grain white rice

    ReplyDelete