Friday 10 July 2009

Squid Ink Pasta with Old Bay Seasoned Prawns and Scallops

I made an amazing and tasty pasta dish last week, that I just have to share with you. I had some squid ink pasta in my cupboard that my sister bought me for Christmas, and some Old Bay seasoning that I bought from New York back in February that I had been itching to try. So I came up with this Squid Ink Pasta with Alfredo sauce, with Old Bay Seasoned Scallops and Prawns.



I used this recipe from Taste My Plate for the idea and the Alfredo sauce, it came from Presto Pasta Nights. It was much simpler than any of the other recipes I looked at and used cream, which I had loads of and really needed to finish off. I didn't have any spring onions so I left them out.

Squid Ink Spaghetti Alfredo
(Serves 2)

6ish scallops
8ish uncooked prawns
200g Squid Ink Spaghetti
1 cup double cream
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.

Melt butter in a saucepan, add 1/4 of the crushed garlic and the spring onion. Saute for a minute, but be careful not to allow the garlic to burn. Keep stirring.
Pour in the double cream and allow to bubble slightly. Once starting to bubble turn down the heat and add the Parmesan. Stir until cheese has melted. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.

For the prawns and scallops I put them in a ziplock bag with the Old Bay seasoning and left them overnight to marinade. Then I put some oil in a frying pan and sauteed the scallops for about 4 mins each side and the prawns for about 2 mins each side.

When the pasta is cooked add the spaghetti to the sauce and coat well. Then top with the prawns and scallops. This has an amazing smokey and cheesey flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment