Monday 1 February 2016

Peach Melba Slice

I made this to take to friends house and ended up giving the rest to some different friends as I didn't want the temptation of it at home! I really liked this cake, I changed the original recipe a little by using tinned peaches instead of fresh and using more than the original recipe stated. I also used more raspberries. I think if I was going to make it again I would use less sugar as I think, maybe 50g less.





















Peach Melba Slice (adapted from Good Food Magazine July 2009)
(Serves 12)

250g butter
300g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg
200g self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
2 tins peach slices
150g raspberries

Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Butter and line a 20 x 30cm roasting tin.

Gently melt the butter in a large saucepan, then leave to cool for 5 mins, add the sugar, vanilla and eggs, then beat until smooth with a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour, almonds and ¼ tsp salt.

Tip the mix into the tin, then lay the peach slices evenly on top. Scatter the raspberries over the top. Bake in the oven for 1 hr-1 hr 10 mins, covering with foil after 40 mins. Cool in the tin for 20 mins, then lift out onto a cooling rack, then cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment