Monday 25 January 2016

Meal Planning Monday

So I had a lovely week last week. On Tuesday I went to see Hateful Eight at the cinema, which left me baffled, but before that we went to Priya Maamalas on Hoe Street in Walthamstow for curry. They have a really good selection of veggie curries although they don't tell you how spicy they are and the waitress couldn't enlighten us. We went for Poppadums to start with, Paneer Butter Masala, which was scrumptious, and Potato and Spinach curry, which was a little too hot for my taste, with coconut rice and naan bread.


I also got my veg bag this week, it contained cavolo nero, mushrooms, onions, parsnips and black radish.


I have lots of plans for it this week, so the various veg appear in different forms! I also went for tea and cake at the BB Bakery in Covent Garden on Thursday evening before the theatre. We shared a chocolate, praline cake, which was divine and a pistachio, raspberry cake which was also delicious. They were a little pricey but definitely worth it.


On Saturday I met some friends at Ottolenghi, Spitalfields for lunch. I had four of their salads as a main course and the food was just excellent. I had butter bean and jerusalem artichoke mash, sweet potato wedges, bean and pea salad and aubergine with a peanut sauce. I could not fault it at all. 


We also had pudding, pictured below are the chocolate and peanut butter cup, the apple, sultana and vanilla cake and the summer slice with meringue. Again they were fantastic.
















So this week, tonight I am going to see Billy Elliot as it is finishing soon and on Thursday I am going to see Pink Mist at The Bush theatre. On Saturday I am going to see Jacqueline Wilson talk at the V&A and have tea and cake after.

Monday
Salmon and Pea Pasta Salad
Makloubeh with Salad

Tuesday
Egg Salad Pitta Sandwich with Crisps
Alice Springs Chicken Casserole with Salad

Wednesday
Kale covered Barley with Green Mushrooms
Chipotle Lime Arctic Char with Avocado Salsa

Thursday
Brussels Sprout and Cheddar Soup with a Scone
Out before the theatre

Friday
Tomato and Curd Cheese Tart with Salad
Grenadian Baked Chicken and Rice (Rice dishes)

Saturday
Korean Prawn and Spring Onion Pancake
Courgette, Bacon and Goat's Cheese Filo Parcels with Salad

Sunday
Veal Burger
Kale and Three Cheese Calzone

No comments:

Post a Comment