Monday 18 January 2016

Meal Planning Monday

I had quite a fun week last week. I tried to go and see Hateful Eight with a friend on Tuesday night but when we got there the tickets had all gone! So instead we went out for dinner at YumYum in Walthamstow. I had their Pad Se-eiw, which for £9 was tiny and in no way filling, although it tasted great. The service was also not that hot either. So we went for pudding at Le Delice and I had a caramel apple crepe with white chocolate ice cream which was delicious.


On Sunday I went to the Museum of Happiness at Spitalfields with my sister. It had I think been a little over-hyped. We queued for 20 mins to get in and it was much smaller than we were expecting. But people came to entertain us in the queue with drawing and mindfulness activity. Once we were in, it was good fun. I finally got to try out a silent disco which I really enjoyed.


We wrote a letter of happiness to a stranger and then got one back ourselves. We also went in the ball pit, which was a weird experience but lots of fun, with much giggling.
















We also filled in a bucket list and thought about what we do to ensure that we have good mental health. It was a really interesting experience and left me with a sense of well-being for the rest of the day. It made me think about the things I already have and am grateful for rather than worrying about what I don't have.

On to this week. This week I am off to have my travel vaccinations for going to Vietnam in March. Then I am actually going to see Hateful Eight, we have the tickets and everything! Then on Thursday I am meeting a friend and I am going to see The Lion King finally and at the weekend I am meeting some friends and we are going for lunch at Ottolenghi, Spitalfields.














Monday
Speedy Salmon Salad Wrap with Crisps
Swiss Chard Pancakes with Carrot and Radish Salad

Tuesday
Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta Bake with Salad
Chicken and Ham Sandwich Pie with Crisps

Wednesday
Cheese and Onion Quiche with Salad
Minty Lamb Kebabs with Rice or Pitta

Thursday
Brown Rice Kale Salsa Salad
Makloubeh

Hot Smoked Salmon, Prawn and Leek Chowder
Ham and Veg Crumble with Salad

Saturday
Out at Ottolenghi with friends
Fake Bake with Beans and Cheese

Sunday
Beetroot and Farro Burger
Ranch Pesto Pasta Bake with Salad

1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of the Museum of Happiness! And v jealous that you're going for lunch at Ottolenghi's - his recipes are always so good that I'm sure you're in for a real treat. Enjoy your week. x

    ReplyDelete