Monday 7 December 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So this is a picture filled Meal Planning Monday as I has a lovely busy week last week. On Wednesday I helped the nursery class at work make Christmas biscuits. They were brilliant and it was so much fun.


I also got my first Veg Bag and Fruit Bag from OrganicLea. We now have a pick up point outside our house and I am getting bags once every couple of weeks. In my veg bag I got carrots, leek, mushrooms, spinach and a celeriac and in my fruit bag; bananas, oranges and apples. I have already used some of the carrots and the leek in a chowder and half the spinach in a salmon hash. 



The other excitement of the week was my new bin arriving! I splashed out on Black Friday and got myself a Joseph Joseph Totem, which is really neat and has bin, recycling and food waste all in one container and so takes up less space. 


On Saturday morning I woke up and made mince pies, my first batch for this year and my sister said that they were almost as good as my Mums!


Then I went out for brunch with a friend at Foxcroft and Ginger in Soho. Ruth had French Toast with Ham, Mature Cheddar and Honey Mustard.


I had Sourdough Toast with Lavender Smoked Pancetta, Caramelised Onions, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise Sauce. 



It was so so good and the staff were really friendly. We also had hot chocolate which was lovely and spicy and Ruth took home a Chocolate Cruffin, which she heartily recommends.

In the evening I met a friend and we were to Thai Pot for dinner. We tried Home Slice but they had an hour and 20 min wait for a table! I had Pad Khua Gai, which were Flat Rice Noodles with Chicken, Egg, Pickled Veg, Spring Onion and Soy Sauce. It was pretty decent.



We then went to the Prince Charles Cinema to Sing-A-Long to A Muppet Christmas Carol. It was fantastic despite the annoying girls behind us!



On Sunday I met my sister and we went to a mini food fair in Walthamstow but didn't buy anything and then I met friends to go for Afternoon Tea at the Wolesley on Piccadilly. It was a very traditional afternoon tea and very tasty as well as lovely to catch up with friends.



This week is also busy. Tomorrow I am going to see The Distance at The Orange Tree theatre in Richmond. On Wednesday I am going on a cheese making course at Wildes Dairy in Tottenham, then on Friday my parents are coming down and we are going to A Table of Delights at The Coronet in Notting Hill and then I am off to France for the day on Cheese cruise on Saturday. Then it's holidays!

Monday
Indian Mackerel Pitta with Crisps
Fesenjan with Rice

Tuesday
Staff lunch
Out for pizza before the theatre

Wednesday 
Smoked Trout Pesto Pasta Salad

Thursday 

Friday
Out before the theatre

Saturday 
Off to France for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment