Thursday 10 December 2015

Hiyashi Chuka

So, I didn't make an authentic Hiyashi Chuka, I used somen noodles instead of ramen. For my toppings I went with leftover turkey, cucumber, carrot, tomato and a plain omelette. It was really tasty and reminded me how much I love Asian food.


Hiyashi Chuka (Cold Ramen Noodles) (from Little Japan Mama)
(Serves 4)

250g noodles
Your choice of cucumber, egg, chicken, bean sprouts, carrot, ham, tomato, prawns, pickled ginger

For the sauce
100ml soy sauce
120ml rice vinegar
120ml cold water
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, then run under the cold tap to cool.

Meanwhile, add all the sauce ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake well to combine.

Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top with your choice of toppings. Then pour over the sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment