Sunday 20 December 2015

1 Egg Pavlova

I have been making a a lot of mince pies recently and the pastry uses 1 egg yolk, so I keep being left with 1 egg white. I'm not so good at making meringue, the first time I tried it wouldn't cook and then went hard all the way through! This time it worked perfectly. I served it with yummy berries.


1 Egg White Pavlova (from Simply Piee)
(Serves 1-2)

1 egg white
3 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tbsp cornflour, sifted
1/2 tsp white vinegar

Preheat oven to 150C.

Whisk the egg white to stiff peaks. Gradually add the sugar a tbsp at a time until shiny and glossy.

Mix in cornflour and vinegar until combined. Put the mixture onto greaseproof paper and make a slight indentation in the middle.

Reduce heat to 120C and bake for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 mins. The pavlova should be firm to the the touch. Turn off the heat and let it cool in the oven. Serve with cream and berries

 

No comments:

Post a Comment