Tuesday 20 October 2015

Guglee, Finchley Road

On Friday night I went to see Mr Foote's Other Leg at Hampstead Theatre with my father. We went to Guglee on Finchley Road for dinner before the theatre. We started off with Poppadums with raita, spicy pickle, mango chutney and tamarind-date chutney. There were two types of poppadum, one spicy and one plain. The sauces were delicious.


We then had Aloo Chaat for starter, these were crispy potato cakes topped with yogurt and chutneys, the flavours were similar to those of the chutneys served with the poppadums but there was the lovely crunchy potato cake underneath.


Formy  main course I had goa fish curry, which is what let the whole meal down. In terms of flavour all I got was chilli heat rather than any nice spiciness. The fish was perfectly cooked but the flavour was disappointing.


I also had a garlic naan, which was super, really garlicy and lovely and crispy but soft, the perfect naan.
















So all in all this was a good meal but the main course really let it down. I would come back but definitely choose a different main.

No comments:

Post a Comment