Tuesday 17 December 2013

Salmon and Courgette Pasta Salad

I love a good pasta salad. This one can be eaten hot too. I used up the last of my courgettes from the garden. Everything fresh has gone, now I only have the stuff that I froze, but it's exciting to still be eating stuff from my garden in December!
















Salmon and Courgette Pasta Salad
(Serves 4)

1 large courgette, grated
1 tbsp oil
250ml low fat creme fraiche
pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped parsley
200g smoked trout, flaked
240g dried pasta

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook your pasta until al dente. Drain and cool under running water.

Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the courgette until softened.

Put the pasta into a bowl with the courgette, lemon juice and zest, creme fraiche, parsley and chilli flakes and stir to combine.  Add in the smoked trout and mix carefully to avoid breaking up the fish too much. Pack into lunchbox or serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment