Sunday 22 December 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I found a huge bag of oats in my cupboard that needed using up and so I went on a bit of an oatmeal cookie making marathon! I made three different sorts of cookies for Mad Hatters only using the ingredients that I had in.















The first lot I made were chocolate oatmeal cookies using cocoa powder. Why is it that they only sell cocoa powder in huge tubs? Surely it doesn't get used that often?! Anyway, this used up a little of mine. I think I halved the amount of oats I put in as 360g seemed rather a lot especially as I was feeding them to kids. They were really good, although they ended up rather hard, the girls seemed to enjoy them though!

















Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (from Cate's World Kitchen)
(Makes 30)

150g butter, softened
200g light brown sugar (packed)
280g caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
125g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
360g fashioned oats

Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat the butter until smooth and creamy and add the sugars. Mix well, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.

Sift the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda into the butter mixture and fold until well combined. Stir in the oats.

To form cookies, scoop out 2 tbsp of dough at a time and flatten slightly, 12 to a sheet.

Bake for about 15 mins, or until set on the edges but slightly fudgey inside. Cool on the baking sheets for about 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment