Thursday 3 October 2013

Seared Scallops with Lemony Farro and Rocket Salad

Today has been a painful day. I woke up this morning in a huge amount of pain and so off to the doctors I went, I've strained my back and it's gone into spasm. I've been given painkillers and told to keep moving. So I'm doing that and have been on several wanders today with a bit of sitting down in between. Trouble is I sit down and I don't want to get back up! I am however making sauces over the next two days as they cook for ages and I have to get up every so often to stir them, perfect! Today I made plum compote and barbecue sauce, tomorrow tomato sauce, Chinese plum sauce and tomatillo Mexican sauce. I'm also going for a scan in the morning so fingers crossed.





















Seared Scallops with Lemony Farro and Rocket Salad (from Chow)
(Serves 4)

250g farro
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
4 handfuls rocket
16 scallops

Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the farro and cook according to packet instructions.
 
Meanwhile, place the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine. While whisking continuously, add 3 tablespoons of the oil in a slow, steady stream until it’s fully incorporated.
 
When the farro is ready, drain it. Re-whisk the lemon-garlic dressing, add the warm farro and rocket, and stir to combine. Set aside.
 
Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
 
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan. Place the scallops in the pan and sear without disturbing until the bottoms are golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the scallops and sear the second side until the scallops are opaque in the centre, about 1 to 2 minutes more.

Divide the farro between plates and then top with 4 scallops each. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment