Saturday 26 October 2013

Eve's Pudding

The next thing that I made with the apples from my Mum's garden was Eve's Pudding. I'd never heard of this traditional English pudding but I'm very glad I'd found it. This was really delicious, it's pretty much what Americans would call a cobbler; cake batter on top of fruit, an English cobbler is something slightly different, but I definitely prefer American cobbler anyway, so there was no way I was going to dislike this!





















Eve's Pudding (from Good Food Magazine February 2010)
(Serves 4)

6 large cooking apples, finely sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
200g unsalted butter
140g raisins
100g soft brown sugar
4 eggs
200g self-raising flour

Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a large serving dish, about 2.5 litre/3 litre with 25g of the butter and tip in the apples. Scatter the raisins over the top.
 
In a separate dish beat the remaining butter and sugar together until the butter turns pale fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then carefully fold in the flour with a large spoon. Spread the batter over the apples, then bake for 45 mins until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment