Friday 4 October 2013

Apple and Blackberry Bread and Butter Pudding

I made bread and butter pudding! I'd never made it before but have eaten it many times, so I thought I'd make it all my own and add in some autumnal fruit. This was delicious but I think I would stick with white bread as the wholemeal was a bit too much.





















Apple and Blackberry Bread and Butter Pudding
(Serves 2-3)

4 slices wholemeal bread, buttered
1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
1 large handfuls blackberries
140ml milk
30ml double cream
25g caster sugar
zest 1/2 lemon
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger

Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a rectangular baking dish.

Cut each slice of buttered bread in half. Layer half of the buttered bread over the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle over half the apple and half the blackberries. Cover with a second layer of bread and the rest of the apple and blackberries, pushing them down into the cracks in between the bread.

Next in a measuring jug, measure out the milk and add the double cream. Stir in the sugar and lemon zest, then whisk in the eggs.. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, sprinkle over the cinnamon and ginger and back for 30-40 mins. Serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment