Tuesday 11 December 2012

Lemony Potato, Broccoli and Goat's Cheese Salad

This could be served as a delicious side dish to some fish or chicken or you could do like I did and eat it for lunch with a chunk of salami. My Mum brought me back a load of goat's cheese from Lille and I have been trying to use it creatively rather than eat it for breakfast with fruit as I usually do.

This gave birth to a flurry of lunchtime goat's cheese meals last week, most of which weren't worth posting, but this one was. It's very simple to make and in fact my Mum ended up doing the first part for me as I ran out of time last Monday. Tossing the potatoes with the lemon when they were hot really helped the flavours to soak in, as did the fact that I was using lovely home grown potatoes! The nuts were a lovely crunchy addition too.

















Lemony Potato, Broccoli and Goat's Cheese Salad (from Good Food Magazine August 2009)
(Serves 4)

500g bag new potatoes                                              
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
zest and juice 1 lemon
1 broccoli head, cut into florets
200g green beans , trimmed
20g pack dill , leaves roughly chopped
100g goat's cheese
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts

Boil the potatoes for 12-15 mins until tender. Lift out with a slotted spoon, drain well, then place in a serving bowl with the oil, lemon zest and juice. Leave to cool.

Add the broccoli and beans to the pan of boiling water. Cook for 4 mins until tender but still with some bite. Drain, then cool under cold running water.

Stir the drained broccoli and beans into the cooled potatoes with the dill and some seasoning. Break the goat's cheese into chunks and scatter over with the pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment