Monday 24 September 2012

Tricolour Pasta and Chicken Salad

Rather than this being a tricolour pasta salad, mine was a six colour pasta salad! My brought me a packet of pasta back from Spain and it has all the colours of the rainbow! Well not quite but it is lovely and colourful. This is one of my quickie make the evening before lunches. It is supposed to have rocket on top, but I forgot it and it's just as nice without!
















Tricolour Pasta and Chicken Salad (from www.weightwatchers.co.uk)
(Serves 4)
(8 WW ProPoints per serving)

cooking spray
300g chicken breast, cut into strips
100g green beans
150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato puree
50g rocket
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
240g dried tricolour pasta
Cook the chicken in a frying pan using the low fat cooking spray.

Whilst the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions adding the beans for the final 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.

Mix together the yogurt, tomato puree and soy sauce and stir in to the pasta. Add the tomatoes and chicken and serve topped with the rocket.

3 comments:

  1. We will often marinate chicken breasts in olive oil and lemon juice and ground pepper overnight on a weekend and grill a whole batch to use later in the week insalads or with pasta. Or sometimes marinate Chinese style and stir fry a batch to use later in salads. With both ways you carry the Mediterranean or Asian favors of the chicken to the salad and you can play with that with the seasonings in the salad.

    You've been on the weight watchers diet for a while now. How do you like it? Your recipes certainly are interesting. Are losing weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tim,

    I love doing that too, chicken is so versatile.

    WeightWatchers has worked for me. I have lost 37.1 lbs since the end of April and I feel wonderful. I reached my goal last week so the nect bit it trying to stay at the same weight.

    It's easy to follow and you soon learn how many points things are, and that you need to weigh out your pasta rice etc rather than just grab a couple of handfuls! I went to meetings and used the online stuff and the meetings are fantastic. Everyone was really supportive and friendly, doing both meetings and online is much better than just online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about maintaining the weight. A few years ago I dieted myself down about 15 pounds just by being very focused on calories and avoiding junk foods. But then I relaxed and gradually gained it all back. So I'm curious about the experiences different people have with different diets.

    37 pounds in 6 months is impressive!

    ReplyDelete