Friday 1 May 2009

A Week of No Cooking

This week has been very low in terms of cooking, I have been out for lots of meals or used freezer staples or leftovers to create meals, but then by the end of Saturday I will have been to the theatre four times this week! So that's my excuse!

On Tuesday night I went to see La Cage Aux Folles at the Playhouse Theatre, which was absolutely fantastic, I'm still singing some of the songs today, and I knew nothing about the musical before I went. No Graham Norton, as he was sick but I actually think this made it better. Wednesday afternoon was Alan Bennett's Enjoy at the Gielgud Theatre, this again was good but slightly odd and surreal. Tonight I am going to the Royal Opera House to see Just Add Water - Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Company, which was featured on Epicurious this week, and is a choreographic exploration of how cultural differences can be influenced by our obsession with food and cooking. Lastly tomorrow night I am going to see my sisters pupils perform at the Hampstead Theatre, so a busy week!

I also had good news yesterday, I exchanged contracts on my flat, so I will hopefully move on the 22nd May! It will be so good to have more space and an actual kitchen! I cannot wait! I am thinking of investing in a slow cooker but I'm not sure how much use it will be, or how much space I will have.

One of the more presentable meals from the past week was goats cheese and pesto tortelloni with tomato sauce. It is one of my spring/summer staples for a quick meal. I make a huge vat of tomato sauce and then freeze it in small portions so that it can be easily used, and I always have ready made tortelloni in the freezer, so this makes for a filling meal in under 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment