Wednesday 4 March 2009

Simple Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce

This is a really simple supper I had on Friday evening. The salmon fillet had been sitting in my freezer for ages waiting for some inspiration and the potatoes had started to grow shoots so really needed using up. I didn't have the energy to think of something new and exciting so fell back on one of those classics everyone makes! Baked Salmon with a Hollandaise Sauce, served with Boiled New Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables.



The salmon was really simple, I just put the fillet in a square of greaseproof paper and tin foil, minced a clove of garlic and sprinkled it over the top of the salmon, ground some salt and pepper over it and a squeeze of lemon juice and then baked it for 20mins at 200C. It was slightly over cooked for me though, so I think 15mins in the oven would have been better, but it still tasted delicious. The vegetables were a mix of steamed green beans and cabbage, with some vinaigrette over the top.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to do this right now! I look forward to following your food adventures.

    ReplyDelete