Monday 23 March 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Last week's Menu Plan Monday went quite well. It was lovely to return to Bento again and have something pretty to look at when I open my lunch box. I am now considering getting one of the Laptop Lunch sets for bulkier lunches, rather than the dull freezer bags I currently use!

One of the highlights of last week was my Neice's christening in Bath Abbey. I was very honoured to be asked to do a reading, as well as very nervous. Luckily it was only in front of 40 people most of whom I had met before, rather than a whole church congregation. Afterwards we had a meal at the Guildhall There was a choice of main courses including a Beef Stew, Chicken, and a Vegetarian option. I went for the Chicken, which was Chicken and Bacon in a Dijon Cream Sauce with New Potatoes, Broccoli, Carrots and Courgettes. It was really well done and amazing that they could serve 40 people with something so delicious.



I did however fail to make my cook book recipe! I looked in the freezer and there wasn't enough room to store the leftovers, so I ate a ready made Beef Steak Pie from Moorhouse Farm instead to clear out a bit of room. This weeks cook book recipe is Artichoke and Ham Pasta from Good Housekeeping's 30 Minute Meals. I have been meaning to make this one for a while and I finally have some artichokes in stock.

Sunday
Lunch: Bread and Cheese etc
Dinner: Out, my sister cooked for me (Lamb Curry, Rice and Naan. Scrummy!)

Monday
Lunch: French Baguette Casserole, Salad
Dinner: Quorn and Pesto Fillet with Cherry Tomatoes, Lemon Spaghetti, Salad

Tuesday
Lunch: Salad with Kielbasa and Cheese, Croutons etc
Dinner: Tuna Steak with a Hot Rice Salad (Make extra)

Wednesday
Lunch: Fish Balls and Cold Rice Salad (Bento)
Dinner: Ham and Artichoke Pasta, Salad (Good Housekeeping Meals in 30 Minutes)

Thursday
Lunch: Cheese and Onion Quiche, Salad
Dinner: Smokey Shrimp and Polenta Cakes, Veggies

Friday
Lunch: Egg Salad Bagel
Dinner: Veal Piccata, Sauteed Potatoes, Veggies

Saturday
Lunch: OUT?
Dinner: Celeriac and Smoked Salmon Gratin

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week you've planned there....I am not a veal fan but I recently made chicken picatta for the first time and loved it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete