Thursday 15 July 2010

Prawns, Avocado and Mayo on Toast/Toastie

I came across a recipe for prawn and avocado toasties ages ago in one of Gordon Ramsey's cookbooks and photocopied the recipe. I can't remember exactly which book it came from but I have a feeling it was one of the F-word books. It seemed like an interesting way to try out these ingredients. I made way too much filling, so instead of a toastie I ended up with two pieces of toast with the filling on top. I have scaled down the recipe below, so hopefully it should be the right amount to make one toastie!



I have to say it actually worked quite well. I was a bit dubious but it was tasty. I served it with a tomato and onion salad, watercress, coleslaw and potato salad. The coleslaw and the potato salad and mayo in the sandwich made it a bit mayo heavy, so maybe it's better served with just a green and/or tomato salad.

Prawns, Avocado and Mayo on Toast/Toastie
(Serves 1)

1/2 avocado, chopped
5 or 6 cooked prawns, peeled
2 tbsp mayonnaise
squeeze of lemon juice
couple of dashes of hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
salt and pepper
1-2 pieces of sliced bread

Put the first 6 ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Add as much or as little hot sauce and lemon as you like.

Toast the bread and spread the prawn and avocado mixture on the toast. Either sandwich together or like an open sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment