Friday 30 July 2010

Courgette Stuffed with Cheese and Ham

In a bid to eat a good proportion of my courgettes, I thought I'd try a stuffed courgette recipe. I don't like mince, which poses a bit of a problem trying to find stuffed courgette recipes, after much searching I did find some cheese and ham recipes that used eggs, but I didn't have any, so I kind of made it up as I went along. I would recommend putting the top back on before putting it in the oven. I didn't and mine got a bit burnt on top and putting the top back on would solve this.



It was delicious. The courgette that I left round the sides had gone lovely and soft and the cheese had melted in the middle. Fantastic. I served it with a green side salad.

Courgette Stuffed with Ham and Cheese
(Serves 1)

1 round courgette
two slices of ham, chopped
grated cheddar cheese
50g cream cheese
25g breadcrumbs
1tbsp tarragon, chopped

Preheat the oven to 200C

Chop the top of a round courgette and scoop the middle out of the courgette, but leave a bit of the flesh around the sides. Mix it in a bowl with the cream cheese, grated cheese, breadcrumbs, ham and tarragon.

Put the cheese, ham and courgette mixture back into the middle of the courgette. and put the top back on.

Bake in the oven for 30-45 mins until the courgette feels soft. Serve.

1 comment: