Thursday 1 July 2010

Crispy Garlic Chicken

I've been off work for a couple of days and the weather has been glorious. I have been out in the garden planting pretty plants and also picking some of the fruit and veg that is now ripe. I have had loads of loganberries, two small courgettes and some broad beans. I cannot wait to try them.
I also have some exciting news! I went to Wood Green Animal Shelter on Saturday and chose a cat. She is a 1 year old grey brown tortoiseshell cat, and I'm waiting for her to be spayed before I can take her home. She was so friendly and affectionate when we went to look round and really inquisitive. I'm so excited and can't wait for her to come home.
I made this recipe just before I went to my parents for the weekend, the crispy garlic chicken was delicious. I served it with ratatouille made with last years courgettes and white bean mash with mint.


Crispy Garlic Chicken
(Serves 4)

2 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
75g low-fat soft cheese
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 medium egg
75g fresh breadcrumbs
1/8 tsp pepper, black, freshly ground

Preheat the oven to 200°C.

In a bowl, mix together the garlic and parsley with the soft cheese and black pepper. Cut a deep pocket in each chicken breast, taking care not to cut right through, then stuff the soft cheese mixture inside, closing the flesh around the stuffing as far as possible.

Beat the egg with the milk in a shallow dish, and spread the breadcrumbs out on a plate.

Dip each chicken breast first in the egg mixture and then in crumbs to coat all over. Place on a non stick baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until crisp and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment