Saturday 31 July 2010

Linguine with Snails, Sorrel, Tomato and Courgette

Another courgette recipe! I hope you're not getting bored of them yet, there's plenty more to come. I have so many of them! I bought a couple of tins of snails when I went to France last year as I really love them in the shells with parsley and garlic butter, but you get about 5 or 6 dozen in each tin so I have to find some alternative things to do with them. I also have a pot of sorrel which keeps reseeding itself. I haven't planted any since last year and it's still going strong, it adds a lovely flavour to this dish.

This was really easy to make, and very tasty as well. I am entering this into this week's Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Ruth of Once Upon a Feast. Check out her blog on Friday for the round up.



Linguine with Snails, Sorrel, Tomato and Courgette
(Serves 4)

24 snails (6 per person)
3 small zucchini
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bunch of sorrel
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
pinch of saffron
Zest of one lemon

Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.

Put the saffron in a small bowl with a couple of tablespoons of boiling water.

Cut strips of courgette with a vegetable peeler. Sauté the strips of courgette in oil with a punnet of cherry tomatoes and crushed garlic. Put the saffron, snails and sorrel in cook for a couple of minutes. Season to taste, adding lemon zest.

Drain the pasta and toss though the snails and sorrel sauce. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. What a totally cool dish!!! Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. Now what can I call the snails so my Honey will even attempt to eat them ;-) Guess I'll have to eat them all myself.

    ReplyDelete