Monday 12 September 2016

Meal Planning Monday

So I have been eating a few interesting things whilst I've been incapacitated. I stayed at my parents house for two and a half weeks and whilst there we went to our favourite Chinese restaurant, Mr Pangs in Stamford.

We started with paper wrapped prawns, seafood gold cup and five-spiced prawns.


Then followed with crispy chilli beef, sizzling prawns with spring onions and garlic and mandarin chicken. We've been coming here for about 20 years, usually for special occasions and the food has always been fantastic and it was no different this time.


I went for Afternoon Tea at BB Bakery one Saturday too, I've been on the bus and the boat afternoon teas that they do but I've never had afternoon the at the cafe. It was fine, it's not the best afternoon tea but they do at least do hot chocolate!


In my garden this year I have been growing black tomatoes and they have finally ripened. I just thought they looked really cool! Some have gone a bit red but some are totally black. They make for a very pretty salad!


My Mum made me scrambled egg a couple of times and the eggs were so orange that I thought I'd take a picture of that too!




When I got back to London my Mum and I went to Cay Tre for dinner. I really enjoyed this meal, the food was really fresh and very tasty. We had prawn summer rolls that were lovely and crunchy.


Then we followed this with Monk Fish Cheeks with Lemongrass and Chilli and Sizzling Prawn and Squid, which came with lots of veg and we had Egg Fried Rice. There were so many other things I could eat on the menu so I will definitely go back.


Then just before my Mum went home we went to The Barn in Highbury for lunch. I had their pasta of the day, which was with roasted veg and a pesto cream sauce. The portion was huge and very tasty.
















Anyone who cooks regularly and enjoys cooking will have a huge stack of magazine clippings. I have a huge box file! I finally had time to go through them and pick out some I wanted to make. So the next two weeks meal plans are from those clippings. Most are from Waitrose Food and various newspapers but hopefully there's a lovely variety of food!

Monday
Squash and Lentil Burger Burger
Sausages with Chocolate Balsamic Glaze

Tuesday
Thai Chicken Wrap
Tapenade Salmon with Runner Beans. Tomatoes and Boiled Potatoes

Wednesday
Cretan Pastries with Courgette, Mint and Feta
Duck Kebab

Thursday
Crab Stuffed Grilled Squid with Courgette and Sweetcorn
Goat and Beetroot Curry with Rice

Friday
Courgette and Mozzarella Piadina
Mackerel with Linguine and Sicilian Pesto

Saturday
Hot Crab Open Sandwich
Three Bean Chilli Bake

Sunday
Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado and Bacon
Cannelloni Nicoise Style

No comments:

Post a Comment