Monday 23 November 2015

Meal Planning Monday

So I ended up having a really busy and eventful week last week. I had my interview with St John Ambulance on Wednesday and I was the last of 13 people to be interviewed so I didn't leave until 8pm!

On Friday I went to an Alice in Wonderland panel discussion at the British Library and had a quick nose at the exhibition although it was really busy.


The panel consisted of Lauren Laverne, who had to dash of part way through to do the Mercury Music awards! Chris Ridell, Vanessa Tait (Great Granddaughter of Alice Liddell) and Frank Cottrell Boyce. The discussion was really interesting and explored the many sides to the book.


Afterwards we went to Costa for a debrief, hot chocolate and cake. I had their Black Forest Hot Chocolate and we shared a salted caramel brownie and a mince pie. All were delicious.


On Saturday I went to a friends house for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely fantastic, there were 11 of us and we had so much food!


And pudding!


I made a broccoli casserole and an apple pie. And then of course there were leftovers!


I am looking forward to mainly eating turkey this week! On Sunday I met my Mum and we went to the Fabric of India exhibition at the V&A, which was fantastic, a lot of the fabrics were from the 16th-19th centuries but they could have been modern. This is my favourite, it's a map shawl and there is also a Shah's tent, which was on loan from Powys Castle!!


We had dinner in PingPong Soho and a much better meal that a month previously. They have a seasonal special of crispy prawns with wasabi mayonnaise, which was so good.










This week is quite busy too, I am going to a fish smoking workshop on Wednesday and then on Friday I am going to visit my sister in Newcastle for the weekend and we are seeing my Godfather and his partner for brunch on Sunday as well as going to an exhibition and a couple of markets. There is a lot of turkey featured on this weeks plan and that lentil curry again as I never got around to making it!















Monday

Tuesday 

Wednesday 

Thursday 
Quiche and Salad

Friday 
Scrigno with Salad
Salmon and Pea Pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment